Saturday, September 29, 2012

Check out this webpage. It will just take a second ....

Trying to prepare for tomorrow's sermon, I spent too, too much time this past week on a website I happened across when I Googled the word "richness." It is a website put up by the Scotiabank of Canada entitled The Richness Project.

Scotiabank has invited Canadians to submit their personal definitions of richness. There is a scrolling function you can use to watch one definition of richness after another. I got hooked and just kept scrolling through hundreds of answers. Then I went back the next day, and the next day, and scrolled through them again. (I will not admit to getting teary while I scrolled.)

Some of the definitions of happiness are just words or phrases like "love" or "spending everything you earn" or "colorful fall days" or "freedom."

Some definitions are accompanied by photos submitted to the website. For example:


And:

And

And

I find these definitions interesting, provocative, moving but I need to stop now and get back to work. Well maybe just one more:




Enough. Work is waiting. But you shouldn't miss this one.


Or this one.


Or this one.


This is what happened to me all week. I knew I had to get back to work but I wanted to see just one more.

(I had to google that one. The IWK is a health center in the Maritime provinces.)

At any rate, that's enough of the definitions of happiness from Scotiabank's website for now.

Except maybe this one:






If you have a definition of richness, please leave it in the comment section below.

Now, let's get back to work. Except for just one more:




I'd appreciate hearing your definition of richness.

(OK. Just one more...)



Back to work, now.





No comments:

Post a Comment