Thursday, October 11, 2012

Do we need to let Teddy lose now?

Am I the only person in the world who had never heard the expression "Gangnam Style?"

Yesterday Teddy started the presdients' race by himself with the other presidents not to be seen. Halfway to the finish line, the other presidents joined him, set up a boom box, and they danced for a couple minutes before Teddy took off and won the race for the second time in history.

It wasn't until later, when I read a Let Teddy Win blog, that I discovered they were dancing "Gangnam Style."

Apparently a video by a Korean rap singer named Psy in which he danced "Gangnam Style" is one of the most watched youtube videos ever. Last night I watched it and thought it was interesting. (I need to get out more.)

It turns out that, according to the Let Teddy Win webpage, there was a long commercial scheduled on TBS. The presidents' dance was used to fill up the time at the park.

I had no idea what they were doing or why. (I do need to get out more.)

My greater concern is that Teddy has won two races in a row now. Will he need to win every race now? Isn't this a lot of pressure?

I've thought there may have been a hint of grace in Teddy being the most beloved president in the Presidents' Race even though he never won. But there is certainly no grace in needing to win all of the time.

Are we going to need to start a Let Teddy Lose movement? 

No comments:

Post a Comment